Hello Beautiful people!
How are you guys doing today? The summer heat has been unbearable the last few days and the rains this evening, were such a respite. But even the mornings are hot! So hot that eating hot food for breakfast just doesnt seem to work anymore. So we have been downing smoothies more often than ever. One such smoothie is this sunshine smoothie.
I am blessed to have a coconut vendor right outside my home, so when ever we need a cooling drink, one fresh coconut does the trick. My son is 3.6 years and I can proudly say that he has never tasted one “soda” or “Soft drink”. We have always encouraged him to have fresh juices and worst case juices that come in tetra packs. Now we are on a mission to make him understand why plastics are bad for the environment and therefore drinking from packs and using plastic straws are bad. Its not always easy but one straw not used is also a win right?
Coming back to this smoothie, this recipe incorporated tropical fruits and adds no dairy or nut milk. The idea is to have fruit with all its fiber and just good nutrition. A tall glass of this smoothie and you are bound to feel fresh and light and just happy the entire day!
- Passion Fruit - pulp from 3 fruits
- Pineapple - 1 large (2 cups chopped and frozen)
- Orange - 2 large
- Mango - 3 large ( chopped and frozen)
- Banana - 2 cups frozen
- Coconut Water - water from one large coconut ( or as required)
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Chia Seeds - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves
- Firstly scoop out the pulp of the passion fruit into your blender bowl
- Then squeeze the oranges into the same bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the coconut water
- Finally blend on medium and slowly add the coconut water till the desired consistency is reached
- Serve with mint leaves and berries