Hello beautiful people!
This time I am back with a summer inspired cocktail! Its only mid March and the temperatures are already soaring. By 11 in the morning there is hot air gushing in from the balcony and the fans seem to be whirling around hot air and the heat just continues to increase as the day proceeds. By 4pm , the only antidote to the sweltering heat is to peel of sweat soaked clothes and stand under a cold shower. So this cocktail is the perfect summer evening drink. Fresh and fruity with a little twist from the basil and the pop from the soda, this drink is everything that a summer evening needs!
- Strawberries - 4 cup ( chopped)
- Fresh Italian Basil - 2 handful
- Lime - 2
- Soda - 500ml
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - ⅓ cup ( more if required)
- Jack Daniel's - 200 ml
- Ice cubes as required
- In the jug of your blender add the basil, strawberries and the juice of 2 limes
- Add the water and blend to for a thick pulp
- Assemble the cocktails glasses and fill half way with ice
- Add 50 ml of bourbon whiskey. Add ½ cup of the strawberry / basil pulp over the bourbon
- Top up with soda and give it a good mix
- garnish with strawberries and fresh basil leaves