Hello beautiful people!
How was the weekend? mine was less than eventful! we had a whole lot planned for the weekend and after getting everything sorted, feeding the little one, cleaning up the house, I decided to have a shower and there in the middle of shampooing my hair, I found myself “STUCK”. Yes! Stuck. I had a stiff neck and shoulder and my hand wouldn’t move and my neck hurt like some one passed 100 watts of electricity through me. Ah the pain – with my right hand I washed of the shampoo and got out. My son who was busy playing with his cars, did not notice the anguish I was going through. LOL.
As I type this page out, I try not looking at my left or right and this is no fun, given that I have a 2.5 year old living with me 😛 . As a mum its funny how your child suddenly feels the urge to hug you more often when you are not well, or you are in pain! Right? Like for example, just as I sat down after that horrible shower, my son ran to me from behind and jumped right on shoulder! Yes!! And oh my god! the pain was so unbearable all I did was open my mouth, in anguish. There was no sound !! So yes the life of a mother is always adventurous no matter what! Any way this shoulder thing is just the same and it doesn’t seem to wanna leave me alone!
The recipe on the other hand is the most amazing ice cream recipe ever! it does not involve eggs, therefore no fear of scrambling them or curdling etc. Its super easy and not matter how long you leave it inside the freezer it always comes out creamy and soft.
- For the Salted Caramel
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Butter - 60 gms
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Cream - ⅓ cup
- For the Ice Cream
- Heavy Cream - 2 cups ( cold)
- Condensed Milk - 400 gms
- For the roasted cashew nuts
- Cashew Nuts - 200 gms
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt - ½ tsp or as pre taste
- For the cashew nuts
- pre heat your oven to 180 C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a bowl combine the cashew nuts, salt and olive oil
- Rub well with the tips of your finger for the salt to coat the cashew well
- Spread the cashew evenly on the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 mins or till golden brown
- Set aside to cool
- For the Caramel
- In a sauce pan, add the sugar. Set on medium flame and let it caramelise. Do not touch or stir the sugar. Occasionally give it a little toss using the handle of the sauce pan
- Once you see the sugar taking on a lovely golden colour and all the sugar has dissolved, add the butter
- Be careful while doing this as it will splash and you might get burn ( I wear mittens) Then add the butter and the vanilla extract and mix it throughly till it has all combined
- Give in a nice mix and set it aside to cool
- For the ice cream base
- In a bowl using a hand blender or stand mixer, whip the cream till almost soft peaks.
- Then add the condense milk and whip till a thicker consistency
- Finally add 3 tbsp of the cooled caramel and Give it one nice mix
- For the final step pour the caramel cream mixture into your ice cream churner and let it churn for 25 mins
- Before you pour it into the final ice cream box, using a spatula add half of the roasted cashew nuts
- Make sure to crush a few of them to give it an extra crunch
- Pour thé ice cream mixture into you ice cream box and let it sit over night or for 4- 5 hours
- Serve with the left over caramel and crushed cashew nuts