Hello Beautiful People!
How is it going? In India, summer holidays have come to an end and schools have reopened thus leaving me with very little free time. I know its usually the opposite for most parents but my little boy is still settling into school, therefore somedays it means I have no time for myself. During such rushed and tiresome mornings, these recipes that are made in advance and need no prep work are a life saver!
For every busy mum or parent, you are always looking for healthy food options that are easy to prepare and healthy usually also means “seasonal”. So right now stone fruits are in season! Cherries, apricots, peaches, plums, lychee etc. We are making the best of it by adding them to our daily diet. Dont you just love how every season brings its bounty with it.
Mangoes are a favourite not just because they taste heavenly but also cause they remind me of simpler times. Times when the worst thing that could happen to you is your mother finding out that you have spent an entire afternoon and the better half of the evening on a mango tree feasting on raw mangos and chilli powder and salt stolen from the kitchen. Peaches on the other hand are the fancy fruit that dad would buy once in a while cause they weren’t always available in the market and they are hard to come by. Together this recipe is my way of starting my day on a happy positive note and I hope you feel the same way after eating it too.
- Oats - 1 cup
- Chia Seed - 1 cup
- Almond Milk - 4 cups
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Mango - 3 ( flesh removed and pureed )
- Peach - 4 ( deseeded and pureed)
- Cinnamon - ¼ tsp ( powdered)
- Nutmeg Powder - ¼ tsp
- Choice of sweetner
- In a bowl add the oats, chia seeds, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and almond milk. Close the container and give it a good shake.
- Store in the fridge overnight
- Next Morning, puree the rest of the ingredients and add the sweetner of choice
- In a bowl, pour layer of the puree, then the chia oat mixture, repeat as desired
- Serve with fresh fruit and a sprig of mi