Hello Beautiful People!!
How are you all doing? I know its been the longest time ever and trust me I hate being away from the kitchen! Well the truth is that I have been away for many reasons and there was no way around it. But I do not want to get into that.
Today I wanna share this new product with you. Have you heard about “Dulce De Leche” . Now if you havent, let me explain, do you like condensed milk ? Now imagine that same taste X 10 times with a caramely taste! That is what Dulce De Leche is. If you thought condensed milk was the ultimate sin then, boy have you been in darkness for far too long. Before working with Sprig, I would make Dulce De Leche the most scary way possible! In a pressure cooker! and oh my god the fear in me that the whole thing would explode!! There were times when the fear of the cooker exploding would deter me from cooking it as long as I would like and eventually end up with a spread, that I couldn’t do much with. Anyway since this is available now, there is nothing like it!
These doughnuts are the kind that are cakey and baked! SO they are prefect with a drizzle of Dulce De Leche on the top. Oh wait, the doughnuts have DDL in the batter too. Double goodness baby!
- For the Doughnuts
- Sprig Dulce De Leche - ¾ cup
- Butter - 1 cup
- Eggs - 3
- Sugar - 1 cup + 4 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Salt - small pinch
- Milk - ¾ cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Cake Flour - 2 Cups + 6 tbsp
- For the Toppings :-
- Sprig Dulce De Leche - ¼ cup
- Caster Sugar - 1 cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Pre heat your oven to 180C and grease your doughnut pan
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside to curdle ( dont worry )
- In a bowl combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour . mix well
- In another large bowl, add the sugar and butter. Whisk till the mixture is pale
- Then add the eggs one at a time and whisk well into the butter sugar mixture
- Now add the Sprig Dulce De Leche and mix well to combine. Next add the vanilla essence
- Next add half the milk followed by the flour mixture, Add the other half of the milk and flour
- Whisk well to make sure all the ingredients combine well
- Pour the batter into a piping bag and pipe into the grease doughnut pan
- Bake for 20mins or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Pop the doughnut rings out of the baking pan, 5 mins after you take them out of the oven
- In a bowl add the caste sugar and cinnamon powder and mix well
- Then spoon Sprig Dulce De Leche over the doughnuts and spring the cinnamon sugar over it!