Hello Beautiful people!
How are you doing today? Now, how many of you guys love to have your coffee, first thing in the morning? I know I love a good cup of coffee or tea and some good music. But the problem with drinking hot cups of coffee is that it brings a large amount of discomfort with it too. That was the primary reason for me to switch from coffee to green tea. And then I discovered cold brewed coffee and it has changed my mornings for ever.
Coffee in itself has many health benefit. Apart from the obvious reason that coffee gives you a boost in your energy levels and helps you remember things way better, coffee is also loaded with Vitamins, Magnesium and Potassium. It helps lower the risk of being affected my various diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. On the down side, coffee made with boiling hot water, can cause acid reflux in the body thus causing pain in the abdomen and also irregular bowel movements. Cold brewed coffee is said to be less acidic in nature and has more caffeine so thats a win win don’t you think?
The things you want to remember when you make cold brewed coffee is that
- The process takes time, so you want to plan in advance and trust me it is worth it
- Your coffee beans should be ground to a medium grind. If you are buying ground beans, look for the type that is used in a french press
- You do not need to use a French press, a glass jar with a lid will also do. Just cover the mouth of the jar with a cheese cloth when you decant the coffee
- I have found that the best coffee is made after 24 hrs. But it sits well in the fridge for a week
I hope you find these tips useful in your cold brewing adventure at home.
- Coffee grind - 1 cup ( medium coarse)
- Water - 4 cups ( room temp)
- Coconut Milk - ½ cup
- Vanilla Syrup / extract - use according to taste
- Cinnamon Powder - ¼ tsp
- Sweetner - as required
- In your French press add the ground coffee
- Then add 4 cups of water and with the plunger up, let it rest in the fridge for 24hrs
- After 24 hrs, press the plunger down to strain the coffee
- -----If you are using a glass jar, cover the mouth of the jar with a cheese cloth and pour out the same amount into a glass ----
- Once you are ready, pour ¼ of a cup with the concentrate
- Then add coconut milk, vanilla syrup, cinnnamon powder and a sweetener of your choice
- You cold brewed coffee is ready
- I like mine with lots of ice.
- You can also add condensed milk to make it richer and sweeter