Hello beautiful People!!
How are you all doing? Guess what? Finally school has opened and we are back to the daily run. Don’t miss understand me, I love the fact that this little one is engaged for 2 hours and I get to sit outside and wait. But this waiting is the good type of waiting!
Waiting for two hours, means getting to read a book, or using my phone and not having to hide it the minute the little one comes running to me.
We do not encourage screen time at all. So from no TV, now there is no phone screen or another screen time. And I personally think there is a big difference in the way he spends time. So this weekend the ice cream churner was out again and guess what we made? We made this amazing soft, creamy ice cream, with fresh peaches, apricots and thyme. If peaches are in your market too then there is no better time like now!!
The fact is that this ice cream churner attachment is the best thing I got in my kitchen since the stand mixer itself and since then making ice cream is really a breeze and since you know what is going into it, you can regulate the amount sugar going in, or the colour added or the kind of dairy used. Do not get me wrong, you can always make sorbets too!! And they are equally good and so refreshing! perfect for summers.
This recipe uses really ripe peaches. You want to make sure that they are so ripe the skin basically just comes off if you peel it off with you fingers. The riper, the sweeter and more intense the essence of the peaches in the ice cream. This recipe uses eggs and this helps to make the custard creamy and the unlike many recipes, there is no alcohol in the recipe and yet it doesnt have ice crystals forming at the end.
- Peaches - 3 large or 3 cups
- Apricots - 1 cup
- Thyme - 4 springs
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Heavy Cream - 500 ml
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Egg - 1
- In a large sauce pan, add the milk and bring to a boil. Then add the thyme and let it sit for 10 min
- In the bowl of your blender, add the peaches and apricots ( no seeds)
- Blend to from a nice thick paste
- In another sauce pan, add the cream, sugar, and peach puree and bring to a boil . Strain the thyme milk and add the same into the boiling cream mixture.
- In another bowl crack open the egg and whisk.
- Then add ½ cup of the boiled cream mixture to this egg and whisk fast! Make sure to whisk till the cream becomes nice and thick
- Add the egg mixture to the boiling cream mixture and cook for 2 - 3 mins more. You will know when the back of your spoon is coated with the mixture
- Take the mixture off the heat and whisk for another 1 min
- Then transfer to a bowl and set in the fridge to cool for an hour
- Once the mixture is cool, attach your ice cream maker attachment according to the company instructions and add the custard to the ice cream churner.
- Churn for 25 - 30 mins
- Then scoop out the mixture and save in a freezer safe box
- Set the fridge for another 2 - 3 hours
- Your ice cream is ready!