So I am finally here!! 😛 I have been wanting to do this for the longest time and I finally have!! I finally have my own domain name! The last weeks have been a mix weather I should take the plunge or just let the old site remain so. But I am very happy with this decision and I can not wait to share recipes with you all.
But mostly, this blog was not just a forum to share recipes but to write down the little things that happen in a mums life. The smallest things that one day would have faded from my immediate memory but have been buried deep in my heart. So someday when you or me look for a recipe, you also read a piece of my little babies life and a mums reaction to the same. Many times the question comes up, “why not stick to just the recipes” . The reason that will not happen here is cause this blog is just like my baby. This almost like a diary that I come back to when days are long and my baby finds something else to do.
So the last few weeks have been about certain changes in our lives, like buying furniture, learning to swim and getting my little two year old to eat 2 meals on this own. Oh and trust me off all the things I had to do, making him eat is the toughest 🙂 no joke!! But thanks to the fact that it is so hot, I get him to eat by promising to take him to the pool in the evenings. ( so far its been working) . Also guess what? And my not so young age of “$%^” 😛 I am learning to swim. Yup! And you know what? it is never too late to learn anything. DOnt let anybody ever tell you that you are too old for something. Cause age is just a number and what really matters is the age in you mind and in your heart. if you body lets you do it, then just go ahead and do it!! Do not let the world tell you that you can not do it. Try if first. If you think you cant, give it one more shot and then decide if you can. So yes swimming it is 🙂
Also setting up this site! Getting this site took up a LONG time. Let me tell you, I am not a software engineer. I have never done it before and when I decided to do it, it never crossed my mind that I could get someone to do it for me. I read a lot! So much that I do not think I read so much in law school 😛 But yes I did read. And with many mistakes and lots of time, I am finally here! its not easy. But I am glad I am here. There is so much more to learn and tune, But I will do it slowly. So all the stress I took up in the last week was worth it!
- mango - 2 large
- yogurt / curd - 4 cups
- honey - 3 tbsp ( or according to taste )
- cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- saffron stands - 1 good pinch
- pistachio and almond for garnish
- Place a large muslin or cheese cloth in a bowl
- pour the curd or yogurt into the centre
- then bring the sides of the cloth together and tie to up to form a small bag
- hang the bad from the kitchen sink for a few hours
- Alternatively put the bag into a stainer and set in the fridge to drain
- The next day, peel and cubes the mangos
- Add the mango, hung yogurt, honey and cardamom powder into a blender
- Blend to form a nice thick paste
- add a few strands of saffron to the paste
- Scoop and serve with a garnish of almonds and pistachio