Hello Beautiful People,
How are you all doing? How was the long weekend ( Easter weekend). We decided to take a quick trip to the beach territory of Pondicherry and it was such a refreshing change. The little one got to play in water, mud, ocean breeze playing with bubbles and just lots of walking and admiring beautiful buildings. But on the down side, both my husband and I are down with a terrible back catch and there is nothing much we can do about it but rest. So that means more time with the little one and hey did I tell you I am on the last season of Orange is the New Black! Yes I know I am late to the party but better late than never.
Anyway now back to the recipe. this recipe is super easy to make and honestly its such a treat that you could totally skip dinner later on and not feel bad / hungry later. For these hot summer months, this recipe is going to be a party favourite with a glass of beer or cold white wine.
The bites have been stuffed with a mix of mozzarella and cheddar but you could use just mozzarella. I like the flavour of cheddar and the drama that mozzarella comes with, so why not right?
- Chicken breast - 500 gms
- Coriander / Cilantro - 1 cup ( chipped fine)
- Ginger - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tsp
- Pepper corn - 1 tbsp ( reduce according to taste)
- Siracha Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Paprika powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds - ½ tsp
- Mozzarella cheese - 200 gms ( or equal parts of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Bread Crumbs - 1 cup ( or as required)
- Eggs - 2
- Oil for frying
- In the bowl of your blender, add Chicken breast, Coriander / Cilantro, Ginger, Garlic, Pepper corn, Siracha Sauce, Paprika powder, Salt. Mix till the meat has been minced well . make sure to do it in intervals so the meat does remain a little chunky
- Once you have the meat ready, using a ice cream scooper, scoop out small balls of meat, place a small piece of the cheese in the middle and wrap the cheese with the meat. Make sure to cover the cheese completely
- Beat the eggs and keep them ready
- Next drop the meat ball into the eggs and when coated well, drop into the bread crumbs. Cover to coat well or else when you fry them the cheese will melt out
- Once you have all the meat balls coated with the bread crumbs, place on a tray and freeze for 30 mins
- When you are ready to fry them, heat the oil and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve along with onions and lemon wedg